Barbell Training Seminar
- What: Barbell Training Seminar
- Where: Brentwood Barbell (2814 Mary Ave. Brentwood MO, 63144)
- When: May 18th (8 am – 12 pm)
- Register Here
The Brentwood Barbell team is back with our 3rd training seminar and we’ve added content!
Would you like to learn how to correctly perform the basic barbell strength lifts? Over the past couple of years barbell strength training has enjoyed a resurgence. And for good reason, it’s simple, effective, and a ton of fun.
At Brentwood Barbell, we help clients of all ages and experience enjoy the benefits of barbell strength training. Whether you’re new to the platform or thinking about signing up for your first competition, our gym specializes in teaching people how to safely and correctly perform these valuable movements. All ages and ability levels are welcome to attend this seminar.
Join James Harris (physical therapist and Brentwood Barbell owner) along with coaches Mark Manera and Lori Ventimiglia in this 4-hour seminar. We will specifically cover:
Section 1 – Lecture ~ 15 minutes
- Why Barbell Training
Section 2 – Platform Coaching ~ 3 hours
- Squat Teaching Progression
- Bench Press Teaching Progression
- Deadlift Teaching Progression
- Overhead Press Teaching Progression
Section 3 – Lecture (Programming & Pain Management) ~ 30 minutes
- Trainee Classification & Progamming Needs
- Principles of Programming
- Defining Pain & Injury
- The Importance of Acute:Chronic Workload Ratio
- Pain Management Strategies for the Weight Room
- Sample Programming Discussion (novice, post-novice programs)
Section 4 – Q & A ~ 15 minutes
- Injury Management in the Weight Room
- Section 1
- Section 2A (squat and bench press)
- Section 3
- Section 2B (deadlift and press)
- Section 4
Each participant will walk away with a firm understanding of how to safely perform these lifts, over 3 hours of platform coaching, a step-by step progression for each lift, a basic understanding of programming, and a detailed seminar manual.
Who Should Attend
This event is perfect for:
- Novice weight lifters
- Those looking to maximize efficiency in the weight room
- Athletes looking to build off / in-season strength
- Anyone looking to improve their barbell training technique
- Coaches looking to expand their strength training toolbox
We’re only taking 24 participants to ensure a high level of coaching and attention for each attendee. Historically this seminar has sold out so reserve your spot today. This is an incredible opportunity to get 4 hours of quality barbell coaching for less than $20 x hour. Sign up now to save your spot!